Vacancy: Communication & innovation broker (0,8 – 1 fte)
Are you creative, innovative and resourceful and would you like to contribute to sustainable development worldwide? Then read on quickly, because this vacancy might be for you!
The Broker is a knowledge brokering organisation in the field of international sustainable development. We identify and assess knowledge that enables governments, NGOs and researchers to make informed decisions in the field of international development. We co-create, make knowledge inclusive and see the potential in knowledge that often remains unused. Through our knowledge brokering activities, we optimize the use of knowledge in the right place, in the best form, at the right moment, with the right people. Our team of knowledge brokers are ideologically driven young professionals housed in The Hague’s at TSH Collab,
The Broker takes part in the secretariat of the Knowledge Platform on Inclusive Development Policies (INCLUDE). This is a Dutch-African knowledge platform that promotes evidence-based policymaking on inclusive development in Africa through research, knowledge sharing and policy dialogue. The platform aims to contribute to more effective Dutch foreign trade and development cooperation policies, as well as regional and national policies for inclusive development in Africa.
We are looking for a communication & innovation broker, to carry out the communication and branding activities for both INCLUDE (3 days a week) and The Broker (1-2 days a week).
Responsibilities and tasks
As a communication & innovation broker you are enthusiastic to work in a young and dynamic team that improves the accessibility of knowledge to boost global sustainable development.
Your main tasks at The Broker and INCLUDE will be:
- Managing & developing websites
- Carry out and further develop the social media strategy
- Developing and sending newsletters
- Report on basic website and social media statistics
- Monitor and develop the ‘brand and identity’
- Optimize the distribution of knowledge products
Your qualities and skills
- You have at least completed a bachelor degree (HBO+), preferably in the field of communication, media and/or design
- You are curious and creative, know how to tell stories and to engage with stakeholders from academia, practice and policy making, both nationally and internationally
- You are aware of the latest communication and media trends
- You are able to work in a team as well as independently
- You have good (oral and written) communication (and editing) skills
- You have a flexible attitude and can adapt to changing circumstances
- You are fully proficient in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- You are experienced in working with Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator, XD), WordPress, Google Analytics and Mailchimp
- You are experienced in (short) video and audio development
- Being experienced with online conferencing is a plus
- You are structured and able to plan ahead
- You have intercultural competencies (as a communication & innovation broker within the INCLUDE Platform you will be working extensively with our African partner)
What we offer
The Broker offers you a challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment with the flexibility to develop and create your own role within the team. Our office is located in The Hague at TSH Collab, a friendly and focused coworking space that’s home to creatives, startups and today’s revolutionaries.
You will be employed for an initial period of 1 year for the position of Communication & innovation broker, starting 1 July 2021 (with the possibility to start earlier). Your salary will be €2501-3494 (based on fulltime employment, 40 hrs/week – scale 7 in our salary policy) depending on experience and range of duties. Additionally, you will receive 25 paid holidays (based on fulltime employment). This vacancy is for 0,8 – 1fte (32 – 40 hours a week); this will depend on availability and experience – to be determined prior to commencement of the contract.
Upon satisfactory performance an extension of the contract is possible after the initial 12 months.
Please send us your motivation (max 1 A4) and CV before 25 May (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please contact our HR-Office Manager at email@example.com or 070 2211 954.
Download the vacancy for Communication & innovation broker here Download PDF