Vacancy – Medior knowledge broker (0,8 – 1 fte)
Are you convinced of the power of knowledge to improve international development and eager to make knowledge from various sources more useful? Then read on quickly, because this vacancy might be for you!
The Broker is a knowledge brokering organisation in the field of international sustainable development. We identify and assess knowledge that enables governments, NGOs and researchers to make informed decisions in the field of international development. We co-create, make knowledge inclusive and see the potential in knowledge that often remains unused. Through our activities, we optimize the use of knowledge in the right place, in the best form, at the right moment, with the right people. Our team of knowledge brokers are ideologically driven young professionals housed in The Hague’s at TSH Collab.
We are looking for a medior knowledge broker living in The Netherlands, to join our team for 4 to 5 days a week.
Your role and responsibilities
As a medior knowledge broker at The Broker you:
- identify trends and opportunities in our workfield and network
- coordinate processes of knowledge (co-)creation, exchange and use
- ensure the inclusion of all relevant (knowledge) actors in such processes
- are a generalist and able to assess the content of our work in broader terms as well as its policy-relevance
- are innovative and take initiative
- have a journalistic writing style, adaptive to the needs of various clients
- eager to learn and grow in your function and the organization
Your main tasks and responsibilities at The Broker will be:
- developing your own thematic portfolio and building a matching network
- developing and coordinating knowledge brokering activities
- identifying acquisition and funding opportunities for The Broker
- writing project proposals
- coordinating project teams
- maintaining contact with external relations
- developing accessible knowledge products and tools for a wide range of clients
- externally communicating about your project work
Your qualities and skills:
- You have at least completed a Master’s degree in a study relevant to international sustainable development (e.g. European studies, climate studies, conflict studies, sociology, political science)
- You have at least 3 years working experience in a mid-career level position, preferably in knowledge brokering, academia or policy-making
- You have a relevant network and have experience in working with stakeholders from different sectors (academia, policy, civil society and business)
- You can represent the interests of The Broker to other parties
- You can take the responsibility for theme related acquisitions
- You are sensitive to (thematic) shifts and changes within our workfield
- You are creative and proactive and able to see and create new opportunities for The Broker
- You are resilient, stress resistant and have a flexible working attitude
- You can prioritise
- You have excellent networking skills
- You are able to deal with confidential information
- You are sensitive to different cultures and the various interests of stakeholders
- You have good (oral and written) communication (and editing) skills
- You are fully proficient in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or Arabic is an advantage.
What we offer
The Broker offers you a challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment with the flexibility to develop within a young and enthusiastic team. Our office is located in The Hague at TSH Collab, a friendly and focused coworking space that’s home to creatives, start-ups and today’s revolutionaries.
You will be employed for an initial period of 1 year for the position of Medior knowledge broker, starting as soon as possible. Your salary will be €2712 – 3864 (based on full time employment, 40 hrs/week – scale 8 in our salary policy) depending on experience and range of duties. Additionally, you will receive 25 paid holidays (based on full time employment). This vacancy is for 0,8 – 1fte (32 – 40 hours a week); this will depend on availability and experience – to be determined prior to commencement of the contract.
Upon satisfactory performance an extension of the contract is possible after the initial 12 months.
Please send us your motivation (max 1 A4) and CV before 8 July (to email@example.com).
Please contact our HR-manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 070 2211 954.
Download the vacancy for Medior knowledge broker here Download PDF