Vacancy – (Junior) knowledge broker (0,6 – 0.8 fte)
Are you convinced of the power of knowledge to improve international development and eager to make knowledge from various sources more useful? Then read on quickly, because this vacancy might be for you!
The Broker is a knowledge brokering organisation in the field of international sustainable development. We identify and assess knowledge that enables governments, NGOs and researchers to make informed decisions in the field of international development. We co-create, make knowledge inclusive and see the potential in knowledge that often remains unused. Through our knowledge brokering activities, we optimize the use of knowledge in the right place, in the best form, at the right moment, with the right people. Our team of knowledge brokers are ideologically driven young professionals housed in The Hague’s at TSH Collab.
We are looking for a junior knowledge broker living in The Netherlands, to join our team for 3 to 4 days a week.
Responsibilities and tasks
As a junior knowledge broker at The Broker you:
- facilitate processes of knowledge (co-)creation, exchange and use
- ensure the inclusion of all relevant (knowledge) actors in such processes
- are a generalist and able to assess the content of our work in broader terms as well as its policy-relevance
- are innovative and take initiative
- have a journalistic writing style, adaptive to the needs of various clients
- eager to learn and grow in your function and the organization
Your main tasks at The Broker will be:
- (co-)developing knowledge brokering products and activities
- conducting (desk)study and interviews to provide knowledge input for projects
- writing (segments of) synthesis reports and publications
- writing journalistic articles for our website
- provide support to the organization of events (i.e. workshops, expert meetings and conferences)
- (co-)presenting our work at such events
- maintaining contact with external relations
Your qualities and skills:
- You have completed a Master’s degree in a field relevant to international sustainable development
- You are eager to learn and develop yourself
- You are able to work in teams as well as independently
- You have good networking skills and are sensitive to different cultures and the various interests of stakeholders
- You have good (oral and written) communication (and editing) skills
- You have a flexible proactive attitude, adaptive to developments around you
- You are fully proficient in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or Arabic is an advantage
What we offer
The Broker offers you a challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment with the flexibility to develop within a young and enthusiastic team. Our office is located in The Hague at TSH Collab, a friendly and focused coworking space that’s home to creatives, start-ups and today’s revolutionaries.
You will be employed for an initial period of 6 months for the position of (junior) knowledge broker, starting as soon as possible. Your salary will be €2291-3279 (based on fulltime employment, 40 hrs/week – scale 6 in our salary policy) depending on experience and range of duties. Additionally, you will receive 25 paid holidays a year (based on fulltime employment). This vacancy is for 0,6 – 0,8 fte (24 – 32 hours a week); this will depend on availability and experience – to be determined prior to commencement of the contract.
Upon satisfactory performance an extension of the contract is possible after the initial 6 months.
Please send us your motivation (max 1 A4) and CV before 8 July (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please contact our HR-manager at email@example.com or 070 2211 954.
Download the vacancy for Junior knowledge broker here Download PDF