We’re hiring! Senior Knowledge Broker (0,8 – 1 fte)
Are you convinced of the power of knowledge to improve international development and eager to make knowledge from various sources more useful? Then read on quickly, because this vacancy might be for you!
The Broker is a knowledge brokering organisation in the field of international sustainable development, since 2007. We identify and assess diverse ranges of knowledge that enable governments, NGOs and private actors to make informed decisions in the field of international development. We co-create, make knowledge processes inclusive and see the potential in knowledge that often remains unused. Through our activities, we optimize the use of knowledge in the right place, in the best form, at the right moment, with the right people. Our team of knowledge brokers are ideologically driven young professionals housed in TSH Collab The Hague and Amsterdam West.
The Broker sets up and participates in multiple projects and takes part in the knowledge platforms INCLUDE and Netherlands Food Partnership, funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department for International Cooperation.
We are looking for a senior knowledge broker living in The Netherlands, to join our team for 4 to 5 days a week.
Your role and responsibilities
As a senior knowledge broker at The Broker you:
- identify trends and opportunities in our work field and network
- coordinate and conduct processes of knowledge (co-)creation, exchange and use
- ensure the inclusion of all relevant (knowledge) actors in such processes
- are a generalist and able to assess the content of our work in broader terms as well as its policy-relevance
- are innovative, flexible and take initiative
- have a journalistic writing style, adaptive to the needs of various clients
- can take financial and organisational responsibility
- are able to lead project teams and supervise team members
Your main tasks and responsibilities at The Broker will be:
- acquisition of new projects and funding opportunities for The Broker
- writing project proposals
- developing your own thematic portfolio and building a matching network
- carrying out, developing and coordinating knowledge brokering activities with various clients and target groups
- leading project teams and supervising team members
- maintaining contact with external relations
- co-developing organisational strategy
Your qualities and skills:
- You have at least completed a Master degree in a study relevant to international sustainable development (e.g. international development, European studies, climate studies, conflict studies, sociology, political science)
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in a mid-or higher-career level position, preferably in knowledge brokering, academia or policy-making, in the field of international sustainable development
- You have a relevant network and have experience in working with stakeholders from different sectors (academia, policy, civil society and business)
- You can represent the organisation substantially and financially outside of The Broker
- You can take the responsibility for acquisition
- You are sensitive to (thematic) shifts and changes within our work field
- You are creative and proactive and able to see and create new opportunities for The Broker
- You are resilient, stress-resistant and have a flexible working attitude
- You can prioritise
- You have excellent networking skills
- You are able to deal with confidential information
- You can take individual decisions in the interest of the organisation in defined areas
- You are sensitive to different cultures and the various interests of stakeholders
- You have good (oral and written) communication (and editing) skills
- Fully proficient in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French is an advantage.
What we offer
The Broker offers you a challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment with the flexibility to develop within a young and enthusiastic team. Our offices are located in TSH Collab Amsterdam West and The Hague, friendly and focused coworking spaces, home to creatives and startups.
You will be employed for an initial period of 1 year for the position of Senior knowledge broker, starting as soon as possible. Your salary will be €2956-4358 (based on full-time employment, 40 hrs/week – scale 9 in our salary policy) depending on experience and range of duties. Additionally, you will receive 25 paid holidays (based on full-time employment). This vacancy is for 0,8 – 1fte (32 – 40 hours a week); this will depend on availability and experience – to be determined prior to commencement of the contract.
Upon satisfactory performance, an extension of the contract is possible after the initial 12 months.
Please send us your motivation (max 1 A4) and CV in English before 13 June (to email@example.com).
Interviews will take place between 27 June and 1 July 2022, at one of our offices in The Hague or Amsterdam West.
Please contact our HR-manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 070 2211 954.